The local strawberries are finally here! I typically enjoy strawberries fresh and raw, mostly in the form of shortcake or on top of ice cream. However, occasionally I will try to cook with strawberries, and this recipe was inspired by many that I have seen on Pinterest. This is an incredibly simple recipe, and so yummy!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp sugar, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp confectioner’s sugar for garnish
- sweetened whipped cream (1 cup heavy cream, 2 Tbsp sugar, 1 tsp vanilla)
Spread out the thawed puff pastry on parchment on a baking sheet with edges. This is a juicy recipe and you don’t want to make a mess in the oven. Arrange the strawberry slices, then sprinkle with sugar. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 20 minutes, or until puff pastry is slightly browned on the edges. Cool on a wire rack, then dust with confectioner’s sugar. Serve with large dollops of whipped cream. Serves 4. Or 2. Or 1.