One of the reasons that I joined the Moms Clean Air Force was to become part of a community who cares about the health of our atmosphere and how that impacts our children’s health. I realized that there’s only so much a single person can do, only so many steps that I’m able or willing to take on my own to reduce my impact on the environment. I need to band together with other like-minded people and form a connected community online.
I’ve discovered a huge clean air community through social networking sites! In just a few months, I’ve learned so much, had interesting discussions, signed petitions, and learned more about how clean air legislation can be strengthened to protect our children. Here’s how I’ve connected:
- Moms Clean Air Force
- I Support Clean Air
- Healthy Child Healthy World
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- American Lung Association
- tweet with the hashtags #cleanair #mcaf
- #Cleanair Daily paper
- Follow @MomsCAF, @EnvDefenseFund, @CleanAirConserv, @CACBlog
- The Moms Clean Air Force also has online events! The next one is on Monday, June 27, at 10am EST: “MOMS CLEAN AIR FORCE BLOGTALK RADIO: Soaring Rates of Asthma Among African-American Kids and What Moms Can Do About It.” Find details and RSVP here. I’ll be there and I look forward to listening and chatting with attendees!
- More events, including a twitter party that I’m helping to organize, are in the works!
Latest posts from the Moms Clean Air Force Bloggers:
- Jill Miller Zimon – Kids Imagine the Clear Air Opponents & How Polluted Air Lingers Over School
- Katy Farber – Loons and Mercury in the Adirondacks
- Ronnie Citron-Fink – Renewable Energy: Table Talk with T and Me
- Elisa Batista – How Diabetes and the Environment Are Linked
- Roxana Soto – An Asthma Attack: A Terrifying Memory
- Dominique Browning – We Need Both Wings to Soar Through Clean Air
- and me at the Green Phone Booth – Mommy’s Summer Reading
Our new badge! Add it to your side bar to show that you care about clean air and healthy kids!
What are some of your favorite Clean Air Communities? Have I missed any? Please share in the comments!
Please join the Moms Clean Air Force to help us fight for clean air for our kids. We need your voice! If you haven’t already, please email the EPA to show your support of the new Mercury and Air Toxics rule. Thank you!