The other day, a few moms and I were reminiscing on twitter about our childhood memories of Santa. Since Joshua is the first child in our extended families in many years, we have the delight this year of bringing Santa back in a big way. Christmas is just so much more magical with small children. Here are some of the memories we talked about, and it’s funny that these ideas cost little to no money but make a huge impact.
- Driving around to check out the neighborhood Christmas lights, and decorating our own house
- Baking (and eating) cookies and doing Christmas crafts
- Leaving cookies and milk for Santa (of course!) and a treat like carrots for the reindeer
- Finding Santa’s boot print in the house or outside of the house, in the snow if possible
- Waking up with a smudge of soot on your face from Santa’s kiss on the cheek
- Finding a letter from Santa about what has made him proud of you over the last year
- Going on a scavenger hunt that Santa created
- Spending a whole week home with our families
Don’t forget to check out the latest Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap contributions, and share your own!
How do you make Christmas magical for your children?