Thanks to Country Girl for the Kreativ Blogger Award! I’m supposed to write seven things you may not know about me, and I’ve decided to write about how I realized how unprepared we are for power outages when, this morning, the power went out!
- Thinking “Hey, it’s pretty windy! Tree limbs are down! I should put a pitcher of water in the fridge in case the power goes out…” is not a substitute for actually filling a pitcher with water and putting it in the fridge. Fortunately there was enough water in the pipes for both of us to brush our teeth this morning. But not enough for Ed’s shower or coffee or my water bottle.
- We do not own a flashlight, or if we do, we have no idea where it is. They’re pretty hard to find in the dark.
- A power outage in a snowstorm when we’re snowbound at home is one thing, but a power outage when we both still have to leave the house by 6:45 is another. It’s still dark then… see #2.
- Ed shining his cell phone light directly into my eyes as I try to sift through the laundry basket to find matching socks is not helpful.
- It’s very difficult to apply eyeliner by candle light.
- Ed does not find it funny when, after he tells me he’s worried about the meat in the freezer, I suggest he go open the door to the freezer repeatedly to check on it.
- After we struggle through getting ready, making breakfast and fixing lunches, as we’re headed out the door for work, the power will go back on.
So I’m going to pass on this award to some of the folks from my Introduce Yourself post, since that’s where I first met Country Girl.