Alternate Title: Why we HATED the birthing classes and will not be going back.
- Ed and I were the only people enrolled in the class.
- The class was taught in an unfurnished house that was listed for rent.
- Said house is 45 minutes from ours.
- We got there before the instructors.
- The instructors were totally unprepared to teach the class, and spent the first 10 minutes setting up.
- The instructors read word-for-word off a PowerPoint.
- The instructors read word-for-word from the workbook.
- The instructors (poorly) summarized how Dr. Bradley developed his method. It was like a bad book report.
- The instructors had monotone voices and trouble reading.
- The house was cold and there was nowhere to sit except on the skeevy carpet (see #2)
- They showed a DVD of births from the 1960′s.
- Said DVD froze and they spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to fix it.
- I told Ed it would be great! I hate being wrong.
You may have to be a teacher to be fully infuriated by some of these things. The lack of punctuality, preparedness, personality and enthusiasm were the worst parts. I should add that I’m still not turned off from the Bradley method. However, I plan to continue reading about it on my own, doing the exercises on my own, and we’ll attend birthing classes at the hospital instead.