I saw this meme over at Rob’s World, and I just had to join in. What fun!
1. You are having a dinner party, and you can invite any four couples. Who would you invite?
- Jena and Brian from Married to the Farm.
Jena and I had joked around about being related because we’re so similar. However, when we discovered we have the same maiden name, we realized we actually might be distant cousins! Also, I think Brian and Ed would get along because they have a shared interest in tractors and equipment.
- Pioneer Woman and Marlboro Man
(I won’t steal one of her photos, since I’m pretty sure they’re copyrighted.)
I’d really just like to meet them and hear stories about their ranch. I think we’d get along well, if they’d be willing to travel this far. Maybe Ree could give me some tips on, oh, cooking, photography or blogging. Plus I think they’d get along well with Brian and Jena, too. We’d let them bring their cutie-pie “punks” as well.
- My Mom and Dad
You can bet that if I had both Jena and PW here, my mom would be crashing, so I may as well invite her. My mom would love to talk to Jena and PW about anything and everything. Plus, my dad, Brian and MM could talk about their farms.
- My brothers
Do they count as a couple? Well, Jon and Nate would also crash the dinner party, so I’m using them as my last couple. They wouldn’t miss the chance to discuss tractor pulling with Brian and MM, and they also think both Jena and PW are hot (Well, PW for an old married lady. Their words, not mine).
2. What would you serve?
- Appetizers: I’d go with some fresh seafood as a treat for the land-locked visitors: grilled clams, mini crabcakes, sea scallops wrapped in bacon.
- Main Course: Well, we’ve got some meat-eaters here. I’m thinking I might have to just pull out all the stops and cook up some Prime Rib, mashed potatoes, roasted carrots, creamed spinach, and a wedge salad with homemade ranch dressing.
3. What wine would you serve?
- We’re not wine-drinkers here. I’d be sure to have plenty of beer on hand, some lemonade and iced tea.
4. What’s for dessert?
- Dessert: Of course I’m going to make my famous Best In Show Butternut Squash Pie. I’d probably also make an Apple Crisp and serve it with ice cream.